The students demand:
- that the Regents vote no on the proposed fee increases.
- that the UC stop cuts and layoffs, and end its aggressive union-busting tactics.
- transparency of the UC budget, including complete figures on how much of the additional revenue from fees will be diverted for construction and used as bond collateral.
- that the Regents expand enrollment of underrepresented groups and ensure equal access to education for all.
These seem all pretty much on track to me.
- an explanation for the failure of the UC leadership to make an effective case for public higher education.